I made these meatballs as a side to our earlier recipe – “The Works Sauce“. Our little guy refers to them as “meeehhht baaawwhh”. He inhaled half a serving and made room for the pasta that accompanied the dish. We use this in our lasagna, over spaghetti, and to make subs.
Before making these, I prepare my sauce and have it simmering so that I can transfer the meatballs into the stockpot to finish cooking.
- Ground Sirloin 93% lean – 7 oz.
- Ground Italian Sausage – 7 oz.
- Ground Turkey – 7 oz.
- Minced Garlic – 1 Tbs.
- Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese – 1/4 c.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – 1 & 1/2 c.
- Eggs – 5 large
- Red Onion – 1/2 diced
- Oregano – 2 tsp.
- Pepper – 2 tsp.
- Chia Seeds – 1 Tbs.
- Basil – 1/2 c.
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, add items 1 thru 12 and mix well with your clean hands!
- Roll into balls.
- On medium heat, warm large skillet with olive oil.
- Brown meatballs on all sides and place in pot of sauce to complete cooking.