My brother opened our eyes to the world of kale when he made a similar dish to this with ground beef. Previously, I only had it raw in salad, and it was something I didn’t care to repeat very often. His take on it made us want to give it another go. We’ve tried it with andouille sausage, which our little guy liked the best.
If you don’t have the exact ingredients, get creative and substitute. Remember, recipes are just guidelines!
- Sausage – 5 links (Sweet, Andouille, etc.)
- Baby Kale – 15 oz. bag (or more)
- Roasted Peppers- 5 large – I used 2 jars from TJ’s
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Medium Lemon – 1
- Feta – garnish
- Hot Spice – garnish – chipotle, red pepper flakes, etc.
- You can leave the sausage whole or cut up after you brown them over medium heat. In this case, I browned them and then sliced them.
- Add items 2 thru 4 & stir until kale wilts.
- Turn off heat & add items 5 thru 7.
- Serve with warm crusty bread.
This is an excellent fast meal that could be thrown in a baguette for lunch the next day.