We were looking to make something that was a little leaner than the traditional beef version of this dish and came up with our Slow Cooker Quinoa Turkey Stroganoff. How can you go wrong with quickly plopping ingredients in a slow cooker before heading out the door for work? Our little guy liked it – that’s always a plus! This keeps well in the fridge for a few days and also freezes like a glacier. Who thought up that line? We served this with a side of crusty french bread.
Keep in mind that this dish doesn’t need much water added to the cooking process because the mushrooms will render a good amount of broth. The sage adds a nice twist to the recipe. It’s a dense soup and will make about 10 servings.
Slow Cooker Quinoa Turkey Stroganoff
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbs.
- Ground Turkey – 1 lb.
- Red Onion, diced – 1/2 c.
- Crimini Mushrooms – 24 oz.
- Chicken Bullion – 1 Tbs.
- French Onion Soup Mix – 1 pouch
- Paprika – 1 Tbs.
- Sage – 1 Tbs.
- Garlic, minced – 1 Tbs.
- Quinoa – 1/2 c.
- Water – 1/2 c.
- Cream – 1/2 c. (just before serving)
- Place items 1 through 11 in a slow cookery and break up the turkey with a wooden spoon. You could use whatever kinda spoon you like, actually.
- This is the most important step to the prep – dance a jig and shout…”I am Uh.May.Zing!”
- After placing the lid, you can choose to cook this on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Before serving, pour in cream and mix well.
Want recipes delivered to your email? Sign up in the tool bar at the top – they come only once a week. Also, follow us on facebook, pinterest , YouTube or instagram for updates and inspiration. If you have a request or would like to collaborate, be sure to contact us.
Pin for Later