We’ve been making our own croutons for over a decade. Why not? They’re better than the store bough variety and a lot less expensive to serve up. We like to play with different flavor combinations and have put these Savory Rotisserie Rosemary Croutons on our rotation for special occasions. These tasty squares are used in our Thanksgiving stuffing recipe. I’d like to add that our little guy loves these croutons. We give him a few on the side as part of a “deconstructed salad”. The little man loves to deconstruct everything.
This batch will make 2.5 gallon bags worth of croutons and cost just under $5 to make. If you don’t have the Rotisserie Chicken Spice by McCormic, just use a blend of what I detail in the ingredients.
Savory Rotisserie Rosemary Croutons
- French Baguettes – 3
- Olive Oil – 1/2 c.
- Rotisserie Chicken Spice – 1 Tbs.
- (make your own with 2 Tbs. Paprika, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 tsp. onion powder, then use 1 Tbs. of your mix)
- Rosemary – 1 Tbs.
- Savory – 1 Tbs.
- Preheat oven to 275ºF
- Place Olive Oil and all three spices into a small bowl and whisk. Separate into 1/4 c. servings and set aside.
- Slice baguettes into disks first, then cut each disk into 4 pieces. Split the pile in half.
- Place one batch of bread pieces in large bowl and coat pieces with 1/4 c. spice mixture. I use a bowl with a lid and shake it up really well. Alternatively, you could place in a clear plastic bag and shake or place in a bowl with no lid and use a spoon to stir the bread so it becomes evenly coated in the spice mixture.
- Evenly spread pieces on baking sheets. I used 3 baking sheets that were 17in x 11in.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second batch.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave out for 20 minutes to cool before storing.
Want recipes delivered to your email? Sign up in the tool bar at the top – they come only once a week. Also, follow us on facebook, pinterest , YouTube or instagram for updates and inspiration. If you have a request or would like to collaborate, be sure to contact us.
Pin for Later: Savory Rotisserie Rosemary Croutons