This post has affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links, I may receive monetary compensation at no additional cost to you. Disclosure Statement.
These Rainbow Chocolate Glazed Yeast Donuts turned out good enough to make our little guy lick his lips and do the antsy pants dance in his high chair. He made a good mess of it too. Chocolate all over his face, bib, elbows and ears. We found some stray sprinkles in his hair and pant pockets too. How does he do that?
I used the KitchenAid 5-Quart Stand Mixer to whip these together.
- Bread Flour – 2 3/4 cups, plus more for dusting
- Instant Yeast – 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp.)
- Granulated Sugar – 3 Tbs
- Room Temperature Unsalted Butter – 4 tablespoons
- Egg Yolks – 3
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp.
- Nutmeg – 2 tsp.
- Vanilla extract – 1 1/2 tsp
- Warm Whole Milk – 1/2 tsp.
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Nutella – 3 Tbs.
- Whole Milk – 2 Tbs.
- Vanilla – 1 tsp.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 Tbs.
- Powdered Sugar – 3/4 c.
- Sprinkles for magic!
- Place 1 thru 3 in bowl and mix until it starts to bubble.
- Add 4 thru 9 in mixing bowl and mix together.
- Place mixer on “knead” and let it roll for 1 minute.
- Flour surface, roll out dough and cut out donuts.
- Let them rise for 30 minutes or so.
- Warm coconut oil to about 390ºF and fry donuts until golden brown on each side.
- Pat excess oil and cool before glazing / sprinkling.
- Combine 1 thru 5 and whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle rainbow on top.