We love quinoa and decided to experiment with it tonight. Initially, we thought this would come out crunchy, but the coating just gave it an interesting texture that our little man loved. The chicken breast came out juicy too. The olives, spices and feta made it so that we didn’t need to use additional salt. Depending on the size of each piece of chicken, this can feed up to 4 people. We diced up leftovers and used it in our salad.
If you don’t have the exact ingredients, get creative and substitute. Remember, recipes are just guidelines!
- Chicken Breasts – 3 large
- Tri-Colored Quinoa – 1/2 c.
- Thyme – 1 tsp.
- Oregano – 1 tsp.
- Coriander – 1 tsp.
- Cloves – 1 tsp.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes (or fresh) – 3 Tbs.
- Pitted Kalamata Olives – 2 Tbs.
- Sweet Peppers – 2 handfuls or more depending on how much you want
- Olive Oil – drizzle
- Feta – garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Rinse & pat dry chicken breast.
- In bowl, mix ingredients 2 thru 6. Feel free to add other spices to bring smokiness or a little heat to your version of this dish.
- Coat all sides of each chicken breast in mixture & place in baking tray.
- Place ingredients 7 thru 9 on top of chicken and drizzle with olive oil (10). Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with feta & serve with warm crusty bread & veggie or salad.