This post has affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links, I may receive monetary compensation at no additional cost to you. Disclosure Statement.
We bought a box of Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes, All Natural, Non GMO Protein Pancake, Flapjack and Waffle Mix, Buttermilk, 20 Ounce (Pack of 3) a while back and used them to make pancakes, but this time I wanted to add a muffin into our morning rotation. I made these on Sunday afternoon for the week and froze the rest. This recipe makes a total of 18 muffins.
- Power Cakes Mix – 2 c. (we buy the above brand)
- Whole Milk – 1 c.
- Egg – 1 c.
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 c.
- Softened Butter – 4 Tbs.
- Canned Pumpkin – 15 oz. (we use Libby’s 100% Pure Organic Pumpkin, 15 oz)
- Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon – 2 tsp. (we use Pumpkin Pie Spice By Penzeys Spices 1.0 oz 1/4 cup jar and Vietnamese Cinnamon Ground By Penzeys Spices .7 oz 1/4 cup jar)
- Chocolate Pieces – 3 Tbs.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Fill each one 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes. Test a muffin with toothpick or knife to make sure it comes out clean before pulling out of the oven.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Once cooled, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. I think next time I’ll try this with strawberries and blueberries. I wonder if it would be amazing with shredded apples?