Here’s a quick easy dish that you can use when you’re in a pinch. We like to make this ahead of time and reheat, too. Our 15 month old little man is teething pretty bad with his molars, so this dish is a good way for him to get some carbs and protein without having to chew. Sometimes, he likes to eat this soup chilled. I’m able to strain the peas out and place it in a bowl so that he can feed himself while I feed him the rest.
- Water – 2 c.
- Chicken Bouillon – 2 tsp.
- Orzo Pasta – 1/4 c. (Feel free to use any type of small pasta)
- Whisked Egg – 1 large
- Green Peas – 1/4 c.
- Grated Cheese & Smoked Paprika – Garnish
- Place items 1-2 in small pot & bring to a boil.
- Add pastina & cook for 5 minutes on a low boil.
- Stir ingredients 4 & 5 into pastina & cook an extra 3 minutes.
- Garnish with grated cheese & paprika.