We’ve had some hot days this month and because our toddler loves chocolate so much, I decided to experiment with this frozen delight. Who am I kidding? Everyone in this family loves chocolate. That’s why this Mexican Frozen Hot Cocoa Popsicle Dessert is going to be a family treat from here on out.
I basically took everything I use to make hot chocolate in varying amounts and froze it into this treat. It came out rich and chocolaty. The marshmallows were a fun touch and the chia seeds gave it a little crunch. Our little guy said, “ooooooooooo!” and did a happy shimmy shake when he got his treat.
Feel free to leave out the nutella and substitute water or another type of milk for the almond milk.
Mexican Frozen Hot Cocoa Popsicle Dessert
- Whipped Topping/Cool Whip – 8 oz. Tub
- Nutella – 2 Tbs.
- Unsweetened Cocoa – 2 tsp.
- Almond Milk – 1/2 c.
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- Chia – 1 Tbs.
- Mini Marshmallows – 2/3 c.
- Drop all items in a bowl and combine well with spatula or spoon.
- Pour into popsicle containers, freeze
- Run hot water on the bottom and sides of the popsicle container when frozen and do the happy dance while enjoying.
What cool treats do you enjoy on a hot day?