This Mediterranean tuna salad has been known to turn tuna salad haters into huge fans. I grew up on it. In fact, my husband refused to eat it when I mentioned it was on the menu. He’s a convert. The key is to use the tuna listed in this recipe. It’s a better tasting tuna without the smell of other brands. This recipe, cool dish that you can serve on its own with some croutons or your favorite crusty bread.
- Chopped Green Onions – 1/2 c. (you can substitute this out for a red onion too)
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes – 1.5 c. (use the yellow ones if you want to cut back on acidity)
- Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 5 oz. can (don’t stray from this brand – tastes better than other canned tuna)
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbs.
- Cucumber – 1 (skinned, seeded and diced or cut in bite size pieces)
- Water – 5 oz. (I pour water in the empty tuna can so it picks up the flavor and more of the oil)
- Oregano – 1 Tbs.
- Salt – 2 tsp. (or more depending on your taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- If it’s sweltering hot out, cover & chill for 30 minutes to an hour. Otherwise, munch away!