Kitchen Tip Quickly Soften Butter In Under 5 Minutes
I was making a batch of yeast donuts and saw that it called for a stick of butter at room temperature. When you have a toddler who could wake at any moment, you don’t want to leave it to hope and karma that he’ll sleep long enough for the butter to thaw out. I used this quick hack to soften butter as I prepped ingredients. It worked out better than using a microwave – and there was absolutely no mess involved.
How many of you have tried to do it in the microwave only to melt the butter too much or worse – have it explode and pop all over the place. It’s the pits when you end up having to clean more than you intended. Who has time for that risk? Check out this little hack…it’s Genius!
Kitchen Tip Quickly Soften Butter
- Glass or mug tall and wide enough to cover butter without touching it
- Hot water to fill glass
- Some kinda heating device for your water – microwave, teapot, sticks and match…you get the idea.
- Heat water in cup and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour hot water on the head of your enemy or just down the sink. If you chose the enemy route, be ready to smash the cup over their heads and run! Not serious here. Just making sure you’re paying attention.
- Flip cup over so that your stick of frigid butter is completely covered.
- Let it get toasty while you prep your ingredients.
Make sure the butter is ready to go before combining ingredients!
Pin for Later: