I’ve been wanting to make a cookie with very little added sugar for our little guy and came up with this recipe. He liked both the toasted and soft variety of this recipe, so I created two loaves and toasted only one. Outside of the small amount of chocolate used, there is no sugar in this cookie, which makes for a bread-like taste.
- Flour – 1 and 1/2 c.
- Flour – 1/4 c. for working, rolling and dusting dough
- Chocolate – 1 Tbs.
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 4 Tbs. softened (unsalted is best)
- Pumpkin Pure – 1/2 c.
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoons
- Milk – 2 Tbs.
- Cranberries – 1/2 c.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and set aside a 13 x 9 baking sheet.
- Place 1, 3 & 4 in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Combine 5 & 6 in a bowl and mix until well blended. Be sure the butter is softened.
- Add each egg one at a time and mix well.
- Add items 8 & 9 and mix well.
- Stir flour into the mix in small batches until combined.
- Stir in Cranberries.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of flour onto counter and work dough into one large log. Cut in half so you have two logs & place each on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice into biscotti shapes and enjoy soft or toast each side in oven 10 minutes at a time to desired consistency.
You could forego slicing this once cooked and serve it with a soup or salad as bread.