We were looking to make something quick with our left over broccoli cole slaw and ground turkey. These Easy Turkey Sloppy Joe Egg Rolls are sure to be a hit with adults and kiddos. They are the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet and savory. You don’t need any dipping sauces for these since the filling is full of flavor.
Easy Turkey Sloppy Joe Egg Rolls
- EVOO – 1 Tbs.
- Sweet Onion, diced – 1
- Paprika – 2 tsp.
- Large Carrot, diced – 1
- Minced Garlic – 1 Tbs.
- Ground Turkey – 1 lb.
- Yellow Mustard – 1 tsp.
- Ketchup – 3/4 c.
- Brown Sugar – 3 tsp.
- Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp.
- Worcestershire Sauce – 1 Tbs.
- Rice Vinegar – 1 tsp.
- Water – 1/4 c.
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Broccoli Cole Slaw – 1/2 c.
20 Egg Roll Wrappers
Vegetable or Canola Oil – 1 to 2 inches deep in frying pan
- For Filling: In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute onion and then brown the ground turkey with carrots, paprika and garlic; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, cinnamon, Worcestershire Sauce, Rice Vinegar and water; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli cole slaw and let cool for a few minutes.
- Before wrapping the rolls, begin to heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
Want recipes delivered to your email? Sign up in the tool bar at the top – they come only once a week. Also, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest , YouTube or Instagram for updates and inspiration. If you have a request or would like to collaborate, be sure to contact us.