We think you’ll enjoy this easy smoked applewood ground turkey chili. It will take you under an hour to prep and serve!
In addition to heat, we like to add different twists to our chili concoctions through spices. I’ve found two items that I use often in our cookery: Turkish Seasoning and Applewood Smoked Sea Salt. We find that if you spice the chili from the sauté stage to the last steps, we end up with a more flavorful dish. This goes for any dish, really. The turkey version of this recipe is a more heart healthy option than red meat, so we work this into our rotation often. In addition to having a cup of this, we like to use it as a topping to rice, hot dogs and potatoes.
Easy Smoked Applewood Ground Turkey Chili Recipe
This recipe makes 4 to 6 servings, depending on your appetite and how you’re serving it. The bay leaves are used to decrease the acidity of the tomatoes. If you don’t have those available, use a carrot. Remove bay leaves or carrot before serving. Another tip is to rinse beans well to remove excess sodium.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tbs.
- Red Onion – 1/2, diced
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ground Turkey – 1 lb.
- Turkish Seasoning – 1 Tbs.
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp.
- Applewood Smoked Sea Salt – 1 tsp.
- Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – 2 cans (10 oz. ea.)
- Red Kidney Beans – 15 oz.
- Water – 10 oz.
- Tomato Bouillon w/ Chicken Flavor – 2 tsp.
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Cheddar Cheese, Croutons/Crackers & Plain Greek Yogurt – garnish
- Once you’ve heated olive oil in saucepan, add red onion and sauté on medium low until transparent (about 15 minutes).
- Add 3 thru 7 and brown turkey over medium heat.
- Add 8 thru 12, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, place heat on lowest setting while still maintaining a slow boil for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an extra 5 minutes on medium heat.
Pin Easy Smoked Applewood Ground Turkey Chili Recipe