My dad is a huge pasta fan and so is everyone else in our family. Most times, we’ll have red sauce, so when he excitedly sent us his recipe for this easy creamy shrimp fettuccine alfredo, we were intrigued. It isn’t surprising to see him experimenting in the kitchen. He’s a former science teacher who loves to eat and feed others.
Dad said you could use a can of condensed cream of chicken soup or any cream of something soup! For those of you who aren’t seafood fans, try substituting chicken, mushrooms or tofu in place of the shrimp. He wanted me to add that he made a big batch of this and had each of his kids and grandkids taste test it. They all loved it!
Easy Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Olive Oil – 2.5 Tbs.
- Green Onions – 1/4 c.
- Medium Uncooked Shrimp – 1 lb. peeled
- Alfredo Sauce – click for homemade recipe
- Fettuccine – 1/2 lb. (break into 1 to 2 in. pieces, if you don’t like twirling pasta)
- Roma Tomatoes – 1 c. chopped
- Frozen Peas – 1 c.
- Butter – 1 Tbs.
- Grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese – 3 Tbs.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce and set aside.
- In skillet, heat ingredients 1 & 2 on high for three minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes (until pink). Set aside & keep warm.
- Heat Alfredo sauce to boiling. Add more milk or water to lessen adjust to your liking.
- Once boiling, add fettuccine for 3 minutes.
- Add items 6 thru 9 and continue boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and butter – heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.
Enjoy with some crusty garlic bread and a light side salad.