Out of necessity, comes ingenuity. I had 5 large bags of items to give to charity, 6 old pillows to chuck and a drafty front door. Given that it’s been well below 10 degrees outside this past week, I was determined to stop the draft with something other than a rolled up bath towel.
I went through our donations and came up with the following experiment.
- Pair of Leggings – 1 (patterns can be fun)
- Pillow – 1
- Knitted Scarf – 1 (optional – I used this for decor)
- Popcorn Kernels – 1 c. (or some small rocks/pebbles)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Cut legs off leggings so that you’re left with 2 long tubes and a pair of hot pants no one should wear.
- If using fleece leggings, turn inside out so that the smooth side is exposed. If the fabric is the same inside and out, keep as is and do the following for both legs:
- Knot off one end of a legging.
- Turn inside out by pulling knotted end through.
- Pour half cup of popcorn kernels into end of legging.
- Stuff legging with pillow filling & leave enough room to tie off the end.
- Place leggings together (hem sides outwards) & hot glue inside of leggings together.
- Place end of scarf on one end of legging and hot glue into place.
- Do a test run by wrapping legging with scarf from one end to the other to see how you want it placed before hot gluing the rest of the scarf into place.