This is another dish that takes less than 15 minutes from start to first bite. Our little one loved it before he had the ability to bite off bread – he would deconstruct the French Cuban Baguette and go to town. Now that he has some chompers, he grips this in his tiny hands, exclaims “buhhguuhh” (everything between 2 pieces of bread is a burger these days) and goes to town. Enjoy with a side salad or some fresh cut veggies and a dip.
French Cuban Baguette
- French Bread – 1 long loaf
- Mayo – 2 Tbs.
- Mustard – 2 tsp.
- Sliced Ham – 3/4 lbs.
- Dill Pickle Slices – 6
- Brie Cheese – 8 oz.
- Melted Butter – 2 Tbs.
- Slice your bread into 4 sections and cut each section in half, lengthwise.
- Spread mayo & mustard inside sandwiches and layer 4 – 6 as you see fit. The brie can be messy, so cut and reshape as needed.
- No need for a panini press! Melt 1 Tbs. butter over medium heat in skillet and press sandwiches down. Tip: I use the spatula to do this – helps protect my hand when I flip the hot sandwich over to press the other side. Let it cook with a lid on for about 3 minutes (medium heat)
- Repeat step 3 for other side of sandwich.