My dad is a huge pasta fan and so is everyone else in our family. This is his recipe:
You could use a can of condensed cream of chicken soup or any cream of something soup! For those of you who aren’t seafood fans, try substituting chicken, mushrooms or tofu in place of the shrimp. I made a big batch of this and had each of my kids taste test it. They all loved it!
- Olive Oil – 2.5 Tbs.
- Green Onions – 1/4 c.
- Medium Uncooked Shrimp – 1 lb. peeled
- Alfredo Sauce
- Fettuccine – 1/2 lb. (break into 1 to 2 in. pieces, if you don’t like twirling pasta)
- Roma Tomatoes – 1 c. chopped
- Frozen Peas – 1 c.
- Butter – 1 Tbs.
- Grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese – 3 Tbs.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce and set aside.
- In skillet, heat ingredients 1 & 2 on high for three minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook on medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes (until pink). Set aside & keep warm.
- Heat Alfredo sauce to boiling. Add more milk or water to lessen adjust to your liking.
- Once boiling, add fettuccine for 3 minutes.
- Add items 6 thru 9 and continue boil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and butter – heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.
Enjoy with some crusty garlic bread!