I have a ton of breakfast sausage and am trying to figure out new ways to use it. Originally, I thought I would make something like breakfast burrito enchiladas, but half way through cooking, I realized I didn’t have enough tortillas. Don’t you hate when that happens? Instead of sending my husband to the store, I changed it up and everyone really enjoyed it. My son likes to deconstruct it when he eats, but tends to eat a little of everything. Sometimes, we eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Crumbled Breakfast Sausage – 1 lb.
- Eggs – 6
- Milk – 1/4 c.
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese – 1.5 c. (dived into .5 c. & 1 c.)
- Salt and pepper – adjust to taste
- Mild Salsa – 1/2 c. (adjust heat to preference)
- Medium Whole Wheat Tortillas – 3
- Brown sausage in pan.
- Scramble eggs with milk, ½ cup of cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the sausage in a 5×7 casserole dish.
- Spread eggs evenly on top of the sausage.
- Add an even layer of salsa.
- Crumble up tortillas and layer on top of casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes.