We love eggplant and look for ways to prep it so that it’s not soggy or salty. The hubs described it as full of flavor and our toddler absolutely loved the filling enough to put off his much awaited bath time. We served this with a simple side of salad.
- Eggplants – 2
- Olive Oil – 1 Tbs.
- Diced Red Onion – 1/4 c.
- Diced Andouille Sausage – 1 link
- Eggplant center from 1 of the halves – dice it up
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1/4 c.
- Garlic Cloves – 2
- Sweet Chili Sauce – 2 tsp.
- Turkish Seasoning – 1 tsp. (this is a combo of salt, cumin, black pepper, oregano, paprika, sumac, cayenne pepper & cilantro)
- Eggs – 2
- Italian Bread Crumbs – 3/4 c.
- Cream Cheese – 4 oz. (or cottage cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF & set aside baking dish with aluminum foil to cover.
- Cut eggplants in half, scoop out centers (save 1 c. & discard rest), sprinkle salt on inside of eggplants and set aside to sweat.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and sauté items 4 thru 10 for ten minutes over medium heat. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- In bowl, combine ingredients in skillet with 11 thru 13 and mix well.
- Pat dry the insides of eggplants & fill with mixture.
- Place pieces of Munster cheese on top of each eggplant.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and broil for 5 minutes.