I tried out Safeway grocery delivery and there was an option to shop by recipe. The feature made the first time choosing items easy. As it turns out, this dish was pretty good. We made slight changes in order to avoid additional sodium.
In order to not give our little man the sodium contained in the hot sauce, I dished out some chicken and tomatoes to him before adding it to the mix.
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbs.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast – 1 lb. in bite sized pieces (we used a little more)
- Garlic Powder – 1 Tbs.
- Celery – 1.5 c. sliced
- Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – 10 oz can or more
- Roasted Peppers – 2 large, diced
- Quinoa – prepared according to package.
- Buffalo Chicken Hot Sauce (or any hot sauce) – 1/3 c.
- Quinoa was prepared by bringing 2 c. of water to a boil & adding 1 c. quinoa – cover & simmer until all water absorbed.
- Heat oil & brown chicken pieces with garlic.
- Add celery and cook an extra 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add 5 thru 8 and heat over medium heat.
- Serve with a dollop of ranch & side of celery.
We served this with a side of celery sticks and a dash of ranch. The little man got celery sticks filled with “p’buh”.