Something Sweet & Savory
Who doesn’t love some Ancho Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies? The reason I put this recipe together is because I had a ripe avocado on the verge of going brown from the inside out hanging on the counter. Being one who hates when food goes bad, I couldn’t just stand by while nature took its toll. After looking at some avocado cookie recipes, I decided that this batch needed a slight twist of sweet and smokey with a very mild heat factor. The avocado made the cookies moist and gave them a slight green tint. If that doesn’t make for a good conversation starter, I don’t know what does.
Ancho Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This makes about 25 cookies and can be done in under 30 minutes from start to first bite. This was not too hot of a cookie and turned out to be a hit with the kiddos too.
- Flour – 2.5 c.
- Ground Ancho Chili – 2 tsp. (or to your liking)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Softened Butter (not melted) – 1 stick or 1/2 c. (click here for quick method)
- Sugar – 2/3 c.
- Brown Sugar – 2/3 c.
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp.
- Almond Milk – 2 tsp.
- Egg – 1
- Avocado, large – 1
- Chocolate Chips – 1/2 c. or 1 c.
- Follow these directions to quickly soften butter while you prep dough.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and set aside two baking sheets.
- (Dry) Mix items 1 thru 3 in a large bowl and set aside.
- (Wet) Mix items 4 thru 10 on medium speed until creamy and well combined.
- In small batches, mix dry mixture into wet until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets, 2 finger widths apart from each other.
- Bake for 17 minutes, cool for 5 and enjoy!
What twists do you like to add to your baked treats?